Intermediate Vocational Education (MBO) students follow at least 40 percent of their education as a trainee in a company in order to gain hands-on experience. Therefore, Drenthe College gladly works along with companies and institutions. By working together, it is possible to find a good match between the student and the company. This also allows sufficient numbers of students to be trained with the right abilities and skills. In other words, Drenthe College cannot train students without sufficient and good internship placements. Professional Practice Training (BPV), also called internship, is an essential part of any study programme. In practice, students learn to apply the theory from the education in practice. There they learn to solve contemporary, real-life problems, but they also learn to work independently. In this way, they also find out what knowledge and skills they still need to learn.
Different types of internships
BOL and BBL
- Vocational Education Learning Pathway (BeroepsOpleidende Leerweg; BOL). During this learning pathway, students gain hands-on experience from school on during internships.
- School-based Learning Pathway (BeroepsBegeleidende Leerweg; BBL). The learning pathway relevant and known to the business community, is the School-based Learning Pathway. Within this framework, student have a paid job at an accredited training company. In addition, he/she attends school at least one day a week. In such cases, as an employer, you consent to such training.
- Training in the Vocational Education Learning Pathway (BeroepsOpleidende Leerweg; BOL): students spend around 40 percent of the training in a training company.
- Training in the School-based Learning Pathway (BeroepsBegeleidende Leerweg; BBL): students have a “job-learning position” and spend around 80 percent of the training in a training company.
- Assessment of their functioning
- Contact with school
- you get to know your potential employees of tomorrow;
- you contribute to an important part of the training;
- bring new insights and refreshing ideas.
Accredited training company
- The company can train students.
- The company is prepared to train students.